HEXE: Home Exercise – Yoga For Healthy Eyes
Eyes are the most sensitive and intelligent part of the body and thus it is important to take good care of them.
Yoga expert Usha Chengappa shows us some asanas (exercises) which will benefit our eyes. –
HEXE: Yoga voor Gezonde Ogen
De ogen zijn de meest gevoelige en intelligente deel van het lichaam, het is dus belangrijk om goed voor je ogen te zorgen.
Yoga deskundige Usha Chengappa toont ons een aantal oefeningen (asana’s) om de ogen gezond te houden en zelfs zicht te verbeteren.
1. Blink your eyes as fast as you can for some time.
2 .Close the eyes tightly for some time and then open. Do this for 5 times.
3. Roll your eyes in clockwise as well as anticlockwise direction for 5 times.
4. While walking on the road or when you are in an open space, look as far as possible.
5. Look at an advertisement or some written material from a far place and try to read it by focusing your
Food that is good for the Eyes.
6. Black Currants
7. Cold-water Fish
8. Collard Greens
13. Fish Oils
Supplements That Are Good For The Eyes
1. Vitamin A: Vitamin A is required in large doses to ensure proper functioning of the retina, especially at night. Deficiency of vitamin A may cause ocular disorders like Xeropthalmia or night blindness. Vitamin A also plays a vital role in preventing dryness in the eyes.
2. Lutein: A highly essential supplements for eye health, lutein forms a protective shield and prevents formation of cataracts as well as macular degeneration in the eyes. This eye health supplement can be found in spinach, tomatoes, squash, and carrots.
3. Beta Carotene: Found in foods such as sweet potato, kale, spinach, and carrots, beta carotene can be converted into vitamin A to prevent a host of diseases caused by its deficiency.
4. Vitamin C: This vitamin is used in the treatment and prevention of glaucoma as well as for the maintenance of collagen tissue in the eyes.
5. Selenium: Selenium is an eye health supplement that is a good source of natural antioxidants and can be easily consumed as a supplement. It can be found in Brazil nuts.
6. Chromium: A healthy level of chromium in the body helps maintain balanced intraocular pressure in the eyes. It can be easily obtained from onions and tomatoes.
7. Zinc: Zinc is present in extremely high concentrations in the retina and is a good antioxidant. It helps to maintain proper eye functioning.
8. Copper: The intake of a minimum 2 mg of copper in natural or artificial supplements can enhance the functioning of the antioxidant enzymes in the eye. Whole grain cereals, legumes, and oysters are rich in copper.
9. Acai Berry: This natural supplement in the diet helps balance ocular pressure.
10. Manganese: Wheat germ, nuts, and seeds are the richest source of manganese and can enhance the ocular functions of the eye.